Lenze AC Tech Drive Control Help

Ryan_Flowers

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello,

I am trying to get a 32MV4341 Lenze AC Tech VFD running a conveyor to be controlled by a 24VDC photo eye on the nose end of the conveyor before it. I don't have any control cabinet close by so I would like to have the VFD generate the 24VDC power to the p-eye and then have the signal come back to start/stop.

I attached the manual I am using. It states I can use terminals 16 and 17 for this I think, but no matter what I set P140 to I can't get a DC reading out of either terminal.

What am I doing wrong here? I know this is possible on powerflex drives, but is this not possible with this one?

Thanks in advance for the help.

It appears to me that terminals 16 and 17 are a relay contact output whose function is determined by parameter P140. That's not going to serve as a start/stop command to the drive.
To start the drive you're going to need a signal at terminal 1.

On VFD terminal 11 there is an Internal DC supply for external devices, the voltage is 12VDC, you have to look for a sensor which can be powered by 12VDC ( like this XUB4BNANM12).

On VFD terminal 11 there is an Internal DC supply for external devices, the voltage is 12VDC, you have to look for a sensor which can be powered by 12VDC ( like this XUB4BNANM12).

Ok yes, I do get a DC signal out. When I jump TB 11 to TB 1 it start/stops the way I need it to.

Sorry I neglected to read that part of the terminal descriptions, Thank you for the help.