Control Logix Mov or Cop to different data types

I also don't like/use alias tags.

1)They can clutter up your database.
2)It may not be obvious to the inexperienced user that it is an aliased tag. (Or for that matter what an aliased tag is.)
3) When aliasing tags, a good programmer will come up with a way to structure the tag so that they are easy to find in the alphabetized Tag Database. Not all programmers are that organized or even concerned about how ill conceived his work was after he is finished with the project.

You can change Alias I/O online, it's just a pain, and a multi-step process

1) Put a rung with the alias in Edit mode.
2) Right-click the alias, and select 'Edit Properties'
3) Add "DEL" (or anything you like) to beginning (or end)
4) Accept it.
5) Type a new alias name over the point in the logic
6) Define a new tag referencing the proper point.
7) Accept it.