Control Logix Powerflex 700 scattered message read

creativepaper

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have a ControlLogix PLC (ver 16) controlling Powerflex 700VC drives over ethernet. At present I have 2 Powerflex700 drives but will increase this up to a total of 16.
I am using datalinks for torque control and drive temp/motor overload data and this works great.
I need to capture faults from the drives instead of trudging to the display. I have sucessfully used explicit messaging to capture a single parameter but I have not been able to get results with scattered reads. I have followed the examples in the the ethernet/IP manual and looked for othere examples (most only show explicit not scattered).
I could use explicit, but since each message refers to a single parameter and single drive, I envision it would get ugly.

I used that book and cannot get the example to work for whatever reason.
I set up the scattered read as INT[15], the scattered response as INT[15], the source length as 30.
The read is setup with the following variables (everything 0 unless stated)
[0] = 10
[3] = 12
[6] = 13
[9] = 14
[12] = 29
The response has been tried with all zero's and with the parameter numbers listed above. When I actiavate the preceeding bit the response values all remain zero.

As mentioned above I can get an explicit read to work using "parameter read" instead of "CIP Generic" in teh message type.