Control Net ENBR/E Scheduling

shazad5444

Lifetime Supporting Member
Dear All,

We have redundant system with 1756-L61 with Control net module CNBR/E, Our both Controllers are in healthy state and RM modules are in Primary and Synch mode, Node addresses of Control net modules are 16 & 17 (Though I tried with same node address 16 but no luck). In CNBR/E module info is showing not connected Minor fault.Both Ethernet modules are in different IP addresses 192.168.1.1 & 192.168.1.2 and Both Controllers redundancy is checked, but our all I/O modules are with yellow triangles. I don't have previous RSnetworks file (How to create new file)? Is there any such option like EDS file as we are using in other Rockwell networks? Looking for help.

What firmware version are you running on the Redundancy system ? ControlLogix Redundancy was released with specific bundles and all the CPUs, Redundancy Modules, Ethernet, and ControlNet modules must have firmware that matches the release set to work properly.

In general, you configure the 1756-CNBR and 1756-ENBT modules in the two redundant chassis as the SAME network addresses. The Redundancy modules take over and set the Primary module to the designated address, and the Secondary module to Address + 1.

What exactly changed about this system that has you troubleshooting it ?

In general, RSNetworx is used to schedule the ControlNet by uploading the requested connections, planning a schedule, and saving them into all the devices on the network. This is an ordinary part of commissioning and maintaining a control system that uses ControlNet.

Hello Ken,

1st of all thank you very much for your always great support. Problem resolved but couldn't update due to tough traveling schedule.
For future reference and help.
In Redundant system (Specially in my case through control net) all devices must have same node number, same IP address. There must not be any error on control net devices, the perform job through networks is just simple.

Here we had problem communication between two controlnet modules, later we found problem in cable, as we troubleshoot the problem, both control module appeared healthy and then perform other activities.