Control Yamaha Servo Drive with Micrologix

irondesk40

Has anyone had any experience with controlling a Yamaha Servo Drive with a Micrologix plc. hate to ask so many questions but have a lot of projects and this site is very helpful to me. I know the new stuff is designed to be run with a Compact Logix Plc with the AOI instructions but the machine i am working on alreay has the Micrologix 1400. I did it about 4 years ago and used a Automation Direct Sure Servo unit. I think it was a 750 watt Servo controller system and i used Modbus with Messaging. With no more of a move that it makes it has worked great but looking at making some modifications and we thought about changing the motor part out to a Yamaha unit and motor controlling a linear slide type setup to accomplish the mechanical modifications that has to be.
Thanks for any advice.