ControlLogix L62S: Reading Standard Tags in a Safety Task?

kdcui

Lifetime Supporting Member
All,

I'm working on a project using an L62S. I've noticed that non-Safety tasks can view (read-only) controller scoped Safety tags. However it does not seem that you can read standard controller tags in a Safety task.

The problem is that we are running a gantry system to pick from a pallet. To enter the Gantry area, there is a safety input Pushbutton. However we also need to know that the gantry is in a safe position prior to allowing access.

Unfortunately there does not seem to be a way to view the status of the gantry as all of that information is non-safety controller scoped tags.

Is there any way to get this information into the Safety task?

I'd like to avoid adding a output to a safety input just for this one bit of information.

Thanks

Go to Logic menu, Map Safety Tags. You will be able to map your standard tags to your tags in safety task.

PaulB.

Thanks Paul!

Haven't worked with the Safety PLCs before, didn't know that was there.