ControlLogix Major Fault Code 23

wa5yom

I have a ControlLogix configured with 2 PanelView Plus 6's two individual DLR networks.

1 DLR Network has 5 Armorstart drives.

The other DLR Network is a combination of Point IO and Armorpoint IO.

There is also some local IO.

Upon a cold start (turning on the main disconnect), the processor always has a major fault.

Fault Code 23, "At least one required connection was not established before going into run mode."

This is not intermittent.

Upon clearing the fault....everything works fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Tim

Last edited:
One of your modules has the following boxed checked in the connection tab:
"Major Fault On Controller If Connection Faults While In Run Mode"

Most modules will cause this on a power up.

You could write a fault handler routine to check for and clear this specific fault on Power Up ONLY that way you would still get the fault later on if required.

Unless you want the controller to fault when a module has a comm fault to the controller, then always uncheck this box.