ControlLogix or CompactLogix with MQTT

BeepBob

Hello,

Have anyone here use Ignition to connect to a Remote IO using MQTT, then use

ControlLogix or CompactLogix to connect to Ignition using OPC UA?

How was your experience? easy to setup?

I am thinking of buying the Ignition MQTT module, made by Cirrus Link, to connect to 30 ish Emerson RSTI-OM

Do you want to ultimately connect the RSTI-OM to Logix?
Is the programming for the IO going to be done in Logix?

You can connect Logix tags and OPC tags to perform IO/Translation of one protocol to another as long as the OPC server supports it.

This manual also suggests that you can connect directly via OPC-UA: https://www.emerson.com/documents/a...ms-rsti-om-ip67-i-o-pacsystems-en-7632816.pdf

Why choose MQTT? Are you interested in the queuing capabilities?