ControlLogix Postscan

VulcPAC

Hi everyone:

I have a doubt about postscan in RSLogix 5k, for example in help file for OTE instruction, says that in Postscan The rung condition-out is set to False.
What is the postscan and "when", at what exactly moment, it happens?

Thanks

Postscan comes into play when you're using the SFC (Sequential Function Chart) programming feature ... basically you're telling the system how you want the OTE to handle its bit/box address when it LEAVES a particular step in the chart ...

in other words:

turn the lights off when you leave ...

or ...

just leave the lights on when you leave ...

TIP: if you're not using SFC programming, don't worry about the Postscan ...

Last edited:
TIP: if you're not using SFC programming, don't worry about the Postscan ...

Thanks Ron for your answer, that was precisely the point that I needed to know. Now I can breathe easily :D

Regards