ControlLogix Producer & Consumer

abdelhay5

Guys

I do have system (control Logix redundant over ethernet (FOC) to anther/same control logix redundant)

i want to use consume and produce tags but i can't find this characteristic (Use Unicast Connection over ethernet/IP) able to be checked
as on during creating consume tag for example

I just want to share some tags from one PLC to another over Ethernet/IP
and as i understood just to create the tags offline and this tab should be activated if Ethernet network exist , logix , no security activated.

You need to have the two systems networked on a subnet other than the redundancy subnets and each CLX CPU has to be added on the other's Project Hardware Tree.
Once the two systems are networked and "aware" of each other's "existance", on revisions 16 or higher platforms, you could Produce/Consume tags while Online (RSL5K, File Menu, Add Component..., Tag, Produced/Consumed, etc.)

You need to have the two systems networked on a subnet other than the redundancy subnets
Already all of the network share the same subnet
ex: PLC'S IP/ 192.168.1.14 192.168.1.50
192.168.1.15 192.168.1.51
192.168.1.16 192.168.1.52
192.168.1.17 192.168.1.53
Subnet / 255.255.255.0 Subnet / 255.255.255.0

So i think i have no problem on this one.

each CLX CPU has to be added on the other's Project Hardware Tree.
That's new to me but i will try it

thanks in advance

I'm trying to remember, and someone else will probably chime in. But I think if you have 1 producer to 1 consumer, it will be unicast. If you have more than 1 consumer, it will be multicast.

I will try first to add the CLX at both hardware tree then if am able to see both CPU'S normally i will go to unicast and/or muticast

i will update the status , thanks jkerekes

OK. I just tried this with version 19. On the Produced tag, go to properties and then connection. In the connection box select Advanced. there you can select Unicast. Take with a grain of salt my comments above.

Hey guys i did't but i have lost redundancy at one of the CPU (the one who consuming tags which i add the CPU to its hardware tree)

actually i am using EN2t (redundancy Ethernet module) at both CPU'S so when i am adding ethernet then CPU i couldn't use the same EN2T as if i use it i can't decide my PLC chassis size so i just use ENT and i have to disaple keying so it works fine till that point and i am getting data

but redundancy at that PLC down and is not working now

any idea ?

You cannot use the redundancy bridges redundant network to produce/consume data; you have to use the 1756-EN2TR's non-redundant network.
See the example from Page 84 of http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/1756-um535_-en-p.pdf
and also the following statements/explanations.
Your topology is a bit hazy...ControlLogix CPUs do not have Ethernet ports; they are using dedicated Ethernet bridges (such as 1756-ENBT or 1756-EN2T)or, when within a redundant setup, the 1756-EN2TR module.
How many and what type of 1756 Ethernet bridges do you have installed within the two Primary chassis?
Please state and replace x, y, z and w with the proper values:
Primary PLC1 has x 1756-ENB(2)T modules and y 1756-EN2TR modules.
Primary PLC2 has z 1756-ENB(2)T modules and w 1756-EN2TR modules.
You have listed five IP Addesses within Post #3 hence the two systems are not similar.
Disabling "elctronic keying" on communication modules is not a good practice and your redundancy loss was probably caused by your choice of hardware availability mitigation; I'd make sure first all necessary hardware is installed and properly configured prior to "experimenting".

Primary PLC
and secondary PLC

All is 1756-EN2T using same subnet / 255.255.255.0

while what i mention before was PLC'S Plus the PC'S (servers)

So in that case you mean i should take the 1756-EN2TR ?

How many systems are we "talking" about?
One redundant system consists of two CLX CPUs installed within two identical chassis; one of the two CPUs is referred to as the Primary controller and the second as the Secondary controller; again, this is one system and the two components (hardware and application file) are identical.
Your last post does not contain any information about the other system, the one you are intending to produce/consume to/from.
1756-EN2TR modules are capable of servicing of two networks when compared to the 1756-EN2T bridges which will reside on one network only.
If chassis's sizes do not allow the addition of more hardware the use of 1756-EN2TR modules will practically double up the networking capacity.
One think to be observed though, the IP addressing for the produce/consume networking has to be different than the "redundancy" networking one (on a different virtual subnet).
For your particular scenario, the bridges to be used for produce/consume should carry an IP address of 192.168.2.x for example vs. the 192.168.1.x subnet which would be used for implementing the redundant functionality.