Controllogix to SMC Flex via 20-COMM-R

Okay, if there is a start input turned on (terminal point 17) then forget about starting it via DPI port. This must be why my bit diddling never got me anywhere yesterday. We did some more trials and nailed down the details.

Scratch that. If I had an input at terminal 17, the pump would have run. I think it must have been the prayer that made the difference.

In any case it runs now...

And for those future readers who upgrade from a SMC Dialog via 1203-GD1 to SMC Flex with 20-COMM-R, be prepared to move your I/O addresses up from word zero to word one.

OkiePC I'm sure as an experienced troubleshooter you know this, but it's probably worth a reminder if you feel that you don't deserve the customers thanks:

You will get plenty of people who are "experts" in a particular, narrow field. Yes there is probably someone who could have walked in and pointed out the register offset in 5 minutes flat. But that same guy would probably have been useless at finding the fault with say, the bypass contactor wiring for the next motor.

Your customer owes you thanks and should gladly pay for your time because you persisted when you couldn't find the problem easily, you knew where to look for help when your own knowledge wasnt specific enough and you saw the job through to the end where others would likely have thrown their hands in the air and said "call in the equipment manufacturer, their gear is faulty".