ControlNet Cable Stripper

Steve Wiebe

We have a kit from Allen Bradley for stripping/crimping ControlNet cables and someone has walked off with the stripper. Our supplier can't get the stripper by itself and instead wants to sell us the entire $$$ kit. Does anyone know of a good replacement? (preferably in Canada).
Thanks in advance,
Steve.

A-B doesn't call out the components in the 1786-CTK kit; your distributor can't buy them individually.

It's not a special device; it's just RG-6U Quad Shield cable with BNC connectors.

I think the one in the A-B kit is a $100 Paladin PA-3240.

Remember that ControlNet is RG-6U quad-shield cable; a cheap $10 stripper is made for ordinary RG6 and RG59 cable and won't be nearly as clean and consistent as a sturdier contractor's tool.

Sorry for bringing back an old thread but sometimes people appreciate an update.

I passed on the Paladin part number to my boss and after some reasearch, he got the '1247 CST Orange' model instead (knives are fixed at just the right distances apart). It arrived today. It looks the same as the original and works perfect :)
Thanks for steering us in the right direction :geek:

Steve.