1794-RPA to 1974-ACN15 ControlNet cable

nqn827

Hi,

Would someone please tell me if I could just use a coaxial cable to connect one 1794-RPA to one 1974-ACN15 modules, or do I need to use the ControlNet Coax taps with the termination between these two modules? FYI, the distance between these two modules is ~6 feet.

TIA

YES, the taps and terminators are required.

A simple piece of co-axial cable will appear to work at first or for some traffic, but it will start to drop connections and messages and cause substantial headaches later.

Follow the rules in the media installation guide and your ControlNet installation will work well.

Similar Topics

Hey Everyone, After reading a lot on this forum and elsewhere I see not many are fond of the 1794-VHSC module. I can see to a degree as I was...
Replies
Views
I'm sure this question has been posted a thousand times on here but for me it was even funnier when I got to ask Rockwell / AB directly. My...
Replies
Views
Hello, a customer i support has DH+ RIO racks all over the plant. they use 1794-asb modules. today they had a rack fault out and go unresponsive...
Replies
Views
I have to configure new 1794-ADN Series C in my devicenet network. I have downloaded the EDS File and registered it. But while configuration in...
Replies
Views
Hi Newbie here :yeah: Can one of you experts help me with setting up a simple BTR and BTW to just test 4 analogue inputs 4-20ma (1974-if4i)...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom