Contrologix Problems uploading project

I was told that we have a registration on this laptop for Studio5k standard edition however, when I open FT Activations Manager only the mini version shows up. If this laptop did indeed have a standard edition loaded, it would definitely show up here, right? I did search programs in control panel and found nothing to indicate it was there either.

The software is the same, but the license is different. We have a mini license, a standard license and a MLP license, and they are listed separately in Factory Talk Activation Manager. Our standard license shows up as "RSLogix 5000 (English)". There can be issues with your version of the activation manager and with different versions of the license when trying to support both older and newer editions of the RSLogix/Studio 5000 software, but as long as FTAM is able to identify the license it should be listed when you click "Find available activations".

Sidenote: I am running version 4.04 of FTAM. I had updated to 4.05 but then it would not let me have duplicate paths to the same license server. I need duplicate paths to the same license server ... one path that is direct for when we are in the office and one for use with a VPN connection. I uninstalled 4.05 and reinstalled 4.04 and it works fine again.

I had an issue similar and could get around it if I had an older ACD file then the present file. You would use the older to upload the plc then you would be able to view the file. And no crash happened

It turned out the newer version had an issue with an AOI.

But the above workaround to get online would work for the immediate need till you could look at the aoi if that is the case.

Keep in mind that if you have lite, standard and or pro installed, it will run the license with the highest credentials.

What I’m saying is that your license may be for standard but only lite is installed.

After checking everything and, to be absolutely certain, I called AB support to find out what s-ware this company has purchased registrations for. Only mini versions and MLP add-ons.