Contrologix Project Going Sideways!

Okay I'll try running that up the flagpole with the integrator and see if he will bite, although they seem to be keen on the UDT structure, pleading poverty may work.

That's right, blame the customer!

MDavidson said:
I have what started out as a simple little upgrade project, which my customer has begun to turn into somewhat of a mess.QUOTE]
That's right, blame the customer!
Perhaps you did not spend enough time finding out their true requirements.

Just another off the wall idea.

Why not use a control logix backplane with an ENET module and DHRIO module as your communications handler for the 5/04. This could talk directly to the wonderware without interfering with the compact platform. It could also be a link for any of your customers other devices.

Just make sure to check if the IO servers supplied with WW support bridging through a ControlLogix back plane. You may also need to budget another IO Server (like RSLinx or KEPWare, cheaper option).

Darren