Convert analog current to analog voltage input?

>>>j<<<

Hello

My analog sensor outputs 4-20mA only.

My analog PLC input sees 0-10V only.

How can I make this work?

I tested out a different sensor that can switch between an analog current output and an analog voltage output and the PLC could see the change in analog voltage.

Thanks!

Ohms and Watts law stuff

A quarter-watt resistor cuts it kind of close. Cool resistors tend to be more stable - I'd use a 1-watt for this.

Remember that the PLC will have to be rescaled with a 500 ohm resistor to allow for 2 volts instead of 0 volts at the bottom end of the range.

Ideally you want a 1 Percent or better precision resistor. The analog reading accuracy can be no better than the resistor value - unless you tweak the scaling to match your installed resistor.