Cooling tower fan PID control

Hi all,

Unfortunately there is no secondary cooling for tower, the sump water just gets pumped up to a sprinkler matrix and then falls down threw blown ambient air.

The sump water is then pumped threw a series of heat exchangers to cool hydraulic oil packs. The hydraulic oil packs have to maintained between 25-40 deg C.

At present the fan is temporarily connected DOL running full speed, the average ambient air temp is approx 10-15 deg C.

The tower is just about able to hydraulic oil temp below 28 deg C.

Thanks again for your replies, I will have to do some more research based on your suggestions.

Kind regards.

Similar Topics

Please friends, I'm researching on 'optimization and automation of cooling tower using PLC'. I need a PLC program to automate the cooling tower...
Replies
Views
If I have a cooling tower of unknown origin, is there a way to calculate, or at least estimate, the cooling capacity (tonnage) of it without...
Replies
Views
Dear All, Its being very tough for me to control the cooling water temperature and vacuum by PID loop. attached is the control routine which i am...
Replies
Views
I am thinking of puting a plc in a cooling tower to control a vfd. Has anyone done this befor any issues I am going to assume pid controlled...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am new at this forum but I have been working with PLC for some time. I have a 5 cell cooling tower VFD control that I am currently...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom