Cooling tower with VFD control

One thing to watch out for is that a fan can be freewheeling backwards in the wind when its off. If you attempt to start that motor then the current will be very high. We recently had that problem and lost two soft-starters within moments of each other on a multi cell tower system. Some drives have a feature to catch the motor, decelerate it, then accelerate it in the right direction.

Similar Topics

Please friends, I'm researching on 'optimization and automation of cooling tower using PLC'. I need a PLC program to automate the cooling tower...
Replies
Views
If I have a cooling tower of unknown origin, is there a way to calculate, or at least estimate, the cooling capacity (tonnage) of it without...
Replies
Views
Dear All, Its being very tough for me to control the cooling water temperature and vacuum by PID loop. attached is the control routine which i am...
Replies
Views
I am thinking of puting a plc in a cooling tower to control a vfd. Has anyone done this befor any issues I am going to assume pid controlled...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have to pick up somebody else's messed up application. They have a cooling tower fan on an inverter, controlled by plc analogue...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom