Corrupt PLC 5 file

royale

Hi All
I have a corrupt PLC 5 .rsp file that I am trying to extract the tag database from.
I suspect the file was already open when the copy I have was made, so i get the ususal 'File is open or read only...work with copy' etc message, and if i hit yes it crashes RSLogix, no brings up open failure message.
If I open the file with notepad it opens OK and looks like any other PLC file.
I have tried using RSLink offline OPC browser but that doesnt work, any other ideas?
Thanks in advance

Do you have a backup file of that? If you do, you can use that to get he database out. Try posting the file and maybe someone else can open it.

This is the file that wont open- its frustrating to know that all the info I need is in that file, I just cant access it.
I dont have any other info other than this :(

Last edited:
Just tried and I get the same results as you do. Do you have access to the PLC to get the program from? But that's not going to get you documentation though.

Last edited:
Not really- it is in another state.
I do have a 'working' uploaded copy of the progam with very limited documentation derrievd from an attached HMI and some electrical drawings.

Last edited: