Corrupt Tags? Studio5000

Bbarnett

We keep experiencing an issue with corrupt tags. PLC is using Studio5000 version 30 and newer. The symptom is that the PanelView HMI populates system errors every second that you can close out of but they come right back. The solution we found is to export the Studio5000 project as a .L5K file and then redownload it to the PLC.

Has anybody experienced this and is there a permanent fix? It happens once in a while when we lose power or are making live edits to the PLC.

We keep experiencing an issue with corrupt tags. PLC is using Studio5000 version 30 and newer. The symptom is that the PanelView HMI populates system errors every second that you can close out of but they come right back. The solution we found is to export the Studio5000 project as a .L5K file and then redownload it to the PLC.

Has anybody experienced this and is there a permanent fix? It happens once in a while when we lose power or are making live edits to the PLC.

Can you give some details on the error messages that are showing up on the PanelView? My instinct here is that this is a PanelView firmware/FactoryTalk Linx issue. What version of firmware is your PanelView?

I've started seeing strange losses of connection to some tags on my controllogix PLCs with Wonderware through the DA server setups. Its always a Program Tag when it happens. Never see it on Controller Tags. These systems have been running years without this oddity and now its just sporadically showing up. Very strange.. no errors.

I can usually fix it by changing the tag remote permissions from read/write to None . Accept the change, then set it back to read/write and the tag resumes operating properly.

Are your affected tags Program or Controller? If program just swapping the permission level for the affected tag.

Are these "out of service" errors? We had to patch a bunch of PanelView terminals earlier this year for this issue.

The Knowledgebase document was BF14133 and the patch installer was RAid1072024_CE_Install_XXXX.zip. Of course, in typical Rockwell fashion, I can no longer find these files on their website.

Probably not OP problem, but me too to Nova5's symptoms. WW just stops updating a random tag or two, always program level. System log shows same “failed to advise...” it would show for one that doesn’t exist in PLC.

Our immediate fix is drill down through SMC on the OI servers to that controller, and right-click - reset. I figured it was a WW thing. If I see it again, I’ll try the permission thing. I've been changing most to controller scope as I clean stuff.

I think I saw it once or twice on 2012 or earlier. Had several during 2014 usage. Got more frequent with 2017. PLCs have been V19 or 20.