CP5512 + adapter in one for 400$ ???

I've seen this one as well.
Haven't got it though.
I do have an actual CP5512 but I would be intersted to know how this one works. I could use a second unit.

I have the same card. It is not made by Siemens but it is some sort of "clone" (don't know the english word for it :) ). It works the same as the real CP5512. I've been using one for almost three years now and I didn't have any problems with it so far.

Thanks Jobbe,
I Am gonna buy it.
BTW today I go to party with 2 guys from Bruxeles, hope will be able to walk tomorrow :)

a good side is to have a solid db9 connector vs the thin siemens cable supplied with the original CP
A downside may be if you need support about the CP itself or how to use it, maybe Siemens won'T be able to support you ...

Hello

Why USB ? It's slower. And in the PG/PC interface profibus diagnostics to see what is connected on what adresses is unpossible with an USB converter. I don't like the USB converters. Btw, the USB side connector on the module is weak.

PCMCIA is great, but indeed, the Siemens one is also weak on the connector. So I like this card from ebay, it's a sub D port.

I'm considering to buy one...

@jirikk
Are you sure you shouldn't consider USB instead of PCMCIA?

Kalle

I have seen a couple that customers have bought. Very weak and buggy. PC blue screen randomly and connections often fail for no reason. Buyer beware.

Nick

Why USB ? It's slower. And in the PG/PC interface profibus diagnostics to see what is connected on what adresses is unpossible with an USB converter. I don't like the USB converters. Btw, the USB side connector on the module is weak.

PCMCIA is great, but indeed, the Siemens one is also weak on the connector. So I like this card from ebay, it's a sub D port.

I'm considering to buy one...

I was thinking of that PCMCIA is a dying technology and it can be hard to find a laptop to put it into without using a sledge hammer.🔨

Kalle

Hmm

Maybe... but still, it works better then the USB junk.

I use ethernet as much as possible. I like PN CPU's :). Ethernet is the future.

Regards,
Combo

I was thinking of that PCMCIA is a dying technology and it can be hard to find a laptop to put it into without using a sledge hammer.🔨

Kalle