CP5611 Interface is not installed via "Set PG/PC Interface"

Engineeren

Hi Folks,

I do not install CP5611 Interface via "Set PG/PC Interface" for Step 7. Install button is not enabled. When i read the help doc, it point that :
************************************************************************************
A displayed interface cannot be installed if:

· It is on a Plug and Play module, or

· The maximum number of interfaces of this type are already installed
For example, a PC adapter can only be installed once.
*************************************************************************************

but it does not have maximum number of interfaces yet...

How can i install it? Must step7 be uninstalled and installed again?

Thanks,
Eren

Plug the dongle into the 5511

Try plugging the dongle into the CP5511 - Weird, but usually will show up in your PG/PC interface - Not sure what version of Step7 and windows you are running - but there was a .inf file that was needed with some card readers, but that was a few years back....

It is a CP56111, not a CP5511, so there is no "dongle".

My guess is that something has gone wrong with hardware installation.
Open up the Windows Control Panel .. System .. Device Manager.
See if the CP5611 card is in there amongst the list of devices.
Maybe there is a symbol next to the CP5611 card in the list, a yellow question mark (missing driver), or a warning sign (conflict issue).
If the CP5611 card is not there at all, then try to take it out of the PC and place it in another PCI slot.