creating a 20 second timer

dotolee

I have written some basic ladder logic to simulate a 20 second timer. every 5 seconds, i want to turn on a different output. so far, i've only written the logic to set up / start the timer... but it's not working.
i'm using logixpro 500 to learn how to code. I've included a snapshot of my code so far. can you explain what i'm doing wrong? btw. i'm also wondering if there's any way in logixpro to change the time base from 0.1 to 1.0?
I'm running the 15 day trial....

If logixpro does not support a time base of 1 sec then change the preset to 10.

Your timer will never run with the GEQ instruction because the counter won't increment because the timer never gets done.

Delete the "GEQ" instruction.

You don't show any outputs, but I guess that's the next step.

You will also need a way to reset your counter.

Last edited: