Crimson 3.0 Glitches

Well, I have lost my thumb drive with the problem app so I can't be sure that the problems I was seeing following emulator runs were caused by somehting in my database not getting along with crimson, or something else on my home PC which has also been acting strange and that's the recently installed Verizon VZAccess manager (for my new mobile ISP 4G modem).

So, that's what I get for taking work home...I will have to recreate the 3 hours or so I spent making ten screens, but if I hit this snag again, I will keep Red Lion and the board informed.

Found that thumb drive and ran it on this PC without connecting to the internet following boot. The app ran fine, emulated fine, no hiccups from Crimson. I also did not get the hung emulator (which before was resolved by hitting ESC and trying again).

Now I am going to try to run it from my thumb drive while connected to the internet...okay, that's it then the problem only occurs after I have run this turd of a program:

So it is probably not any fault of Crimson...it's my mobile internet app...

RANT=ON. These sorry "we're smarter than you" GUIs aimed at the cell phone public which hide their menus, update themselves weekly and never get the help file right...even my g**mmed microwave oven thinks it's smarter than me. I walk up and hit "3" and it takes off for 3 minutes on High. How the *u*dge does it "know" I didn't want 30 seconds?/rant.

Win XP Home Error Sequence 201.jpg

Another minor bug with hexadecimal tag displays.

I am displaying a tag in hexadecimal (SLC Major Fault)
I have it formatted for 4 digits before the decimal place.

If the value is greater than 7FFF, the display shows "+big".

That value could only occur if the error was related to a file number greater than or equal to 127, (or if you make the object a data entry object for testing).

The Hexadecimal keypad is quite handy for testing, by the way.

I tried making the object 5 digits, but I didn't like that since it forces the tag to use leading zeros when the Data Format is Hexadecimal.

Last edited:
Usually +Big shows up when the object cannot correctly display the number. Either because of formatting or size.

Usually +Big shows up when the object cannot correctly display the number. Either because of formatting or size.

Right, and if formatted for 4 digits of hexadecimal, any value between 7fff and ffff wil display "+BIG" when formatted for 4 characters, no matter what font is chosen or how large the object boundaries are set. Also, with 2 digits values between 7f and ff do the same thing. There is a bug in the "+BIG" logic when dealing with hexadecimal.

What version of software are you running? Can you send me your database? So far I can't duplicate this here.

Thanks
Jeremy

Hello Jeremy! Yes, I will send a stripped down copy of it. I am running build 469.

Paul

EDIT: While I was working out issues with my stripped down version, I found that if the tag is internal, the value is displayed correctly. When it is set to a SLC address (S:6), the problem occurs.

EDIT: I sent the database, Jeremy, so let me know if you receive it. Thanks.

Last edited:
Okay, Jeremy straightened this out fast. I had the "treat as" property set to signed integer, so any value above 7FFF was activating the sign bit. Once I changed that to unsigned integer, the problem was corrected. So, this one is not a bug, just operator (me) error.

Thanks again Jeremy.

I discarded that flying menu. I was just trying to learn animation at the time with a G304K. I deleted that and a bunch of other fancy experiments.

I could probably make another one, though. I remember animating objects to move onto the screen, but I had to have separate conditionally visible objects to contain the actions. I could not assign a Pushbutton action to a moving object.

I did upload a neat thing for A/B users. A cd3 file with some tags with the SLC Major error codes...decoded into readable text. It also has a bitmap of a SLC 10-slot rack, and decodes the keyswitch/processor mode too.

Look in the downloads section.

Last edited:
Not that this is of any help to you, but I've noticed on a few products that I have come across in the past that the developers incorporate a subset of the file driver for their file I/O. Bridgeport was one of these, and you would pay holy heck if you tried conventional programs on their older mills. And a company that made a wildlife trail camera made theirs so that it only worked with a 256M CD card.

You wouldn't expect it in this day and age, but I guess that it happens.

I discarded that flying menu. I was just trying to learn animation at the time with a G304K. I deleted that and a bunch of other fancy experiments.

I could probably make another one, though. I remember animating objects to move onto the screen, but I had to have separate conditionally visible objects to contain the actions. I could not assign a Pushbutton action to a moving object.

I did upload a neat thing for A/B users. A cd3 file with some tags with the SLC Major error codes...decoded into readable text. It also has a bitmap of a SLC 10-slot rack, and decodes the keyswitch/processor mode too.

Look in the downloads section.

Nice Okie. I was in need of something like that (just a bit of tweaking for Micro). So I am returning the favor. I have attached a program I use for animation. It is simple and uses an infinite loop which I find oddly funny to do on purpose. The Loop is fired on startup and runs in the background so it has a low priority.

Fixed glitch

Sorry bout the confusion. I forgot to activate the triggers for the animation.

Normally I would use a run bit or something of that nature to activate each counter in the animation program. One the trigger condition is met the program steps thru each animation step.

These animation steps are what you use to trigger your animation. I use 3 steps so I can give direction by playing with the sleep timer at the beginning of the program. Basically each step makes a different object visible.

Here is a corrected version with another animation on the main screen

I have a program with more steps so I could move a button around the screen. This was a prank on the test lab tech. Each time he pressed the button the button would popup in a different location. It was funny watching him chase the button around the screen. The button was supposed to turn off a looped version of Bohemian Rhapsody playing on his speaker. But you were supposed to hold it down for one second and it would move a half second after you started holding the button down. I will post it once I extract some of our private code.