Crimson 3.2.0071.0 L5K File Issue

mark73165

Lifetime Supporting Member
We updated from Crimson 3.2.0067.0 to Crimson 3.2.0071.0 and now there is no comms between the 12" Graphite HMI and the AB Compact Logix PLC.

Once reverted back to 3.2.0067.0 the comms are reestablished. Not sure if there are more configurations to do with the new version or there is an issue with the firmware.

We updated the L5K file and still no comms.

We tested this on 2 PC's running Windows 10.

Thanks Mark

I'd recommend starting a tech support ticket with Red Lion on this issue if you haven't already.

It is rare for them to create a new bug with the release of an updated version of Crimson, but it has happened to me at least once many years ago.

They're usually pretty quick to fix it if it is a commonly used driver like this one.

Thanks for posting this here too. I have some upcoming projects with the L5K driver, so I will stick to 3.1 or an earlier release of 3.2.