Crimson 3 AB L5K Driver and Data Tags

Grundun

Hello all! First post here so please be gentle. :)

I have some experience with Crimson 3 and have a new project using a ControlLogix processor with a Red Lion Graphite Unit.

I am using the "L5K file Enhanced" driver. I have imported the L5K file, and a bunch of flag data tags for alarms. There are a few things going on that I'm not sure about:

1. Some of the flag tags have a green flag, some have a yellow flag. I looked through the manual but didn't find any reference to flag color. I figured that this means that there is an error. But, when I scroll through the errors, some of the green flags pop up with errors along with the yellow ones.

UPDATE: Just closed and re-opened the program. The colors updated and Yellow apparently means an error. So, scratch #1.

2. With all of the flag tags that are in the error state, it is the source on the "Data" tag. It appears this is from importing the tag without it being in the "Available Address" list. To fix this, I have been going to the driver tag list, finding the tag, and double-clicking to add it to that list.

This works, but is there a better way? My problem is that I have nearly 200 flag tags, 1300 controller tags to choose from, and the L5K File Tree list is not in alphabetical order.

Any help would be appreciated. I am considering manually editing the L5K file to see if that helps to at least put the tags in order.

Thanks!
Grundun

Forgot to mention, this is my first time using the AB Enhanced driver and WOW, is it painful! Mostly due to the need to select the tag (copy/paste does not seem to work) from an unsorted list.

Any hints or tricks from the Crimson guru's?

Thanks!

This probably will not be of any help but the one RL we have I do not see that issue. The L5K file from RSLogix5000 is in alphabetical order, the only problem I have with it right now is float aliases. Red Lion support (after a lot of unrelated questions) told me that they knew about this and have a fix in the works.

If the L5K file is not in alphabetical order I would look at the PLC programming end to see if there is any way to modify it there.

Even when I go into RSLogix and resort the tags to be out of alphabetical order they still show up in the L5k in order so that is not a fix...

Thanks for taking a look! It seems like it may be related to data type although I have bits that show up in various places that would be side-by-side in an alphabetically sorted list. Some are aliases so maybe that makes a difference.