L5K Driver, Crimson 3.

Big problems!!!

There is a big problem with the Allen-Bradley .L5k version 1.04, which has just appeared.

I am using the Build 548.001 of Crimson 3, and have been using this driver with no problems for sometime, for connecting to Compactlogix L32E PLCs.

However when I try to import a new .L5k file, the Crimson 3 just crashes, with a brief message about the 'Shell application not working', or some such wording.

The problem is that the job, I am currently has a very short deadline, i.e. I am doing a panel FAT this week, while at the same time writing the HMI program for the panel. :cry:

Has anyone else had this problem?

It doesn't help that the version 2.0 doesn't seem to work for the Compactlogix L32E CPUs.

Please, can anyone help??? 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

The 2.0 driver "works" it just doesn't seem to work well with Alias tags. That has been my experience. I just had to map my physical I/O to Bool Tags in the program (the old fashion way), I couldn't use the Alias function.

Everything works fine now that I have done that.