Crimson 3 - Build 418 bug

Marc_U

Lifetime Supporting Member
There seems to be a bug/problem with the latest version of Crimson 3(Build 418), with regards to the switches.

When I use a 'toggle switch' or the like, and I have placed text on top of it, labling what it's function is. It looks fine on the Crimson 3 program, but when I download it (to HMI or Emulator). All the switches have been moved down (all by the same amount), but the text remains where it should.

This even happens when I have Grouped the switch & test together.

This effect also occurs n programs that were created using pervious versions of Crimson 3, which had been fine.

Can anyone help? Or will I have to wait for the next version/build of Crimson 3?

Can you post screen shots or zip and attach your cd3 file?

I just updated one of my G310s with build 418 and the only thing I noticed was that my trends don't show the historical data recorded before the update (which I can live with). IIRC, that would happen after any update of the HMI, not just following a firmware change, and all the data in the logs is still there.

All the graphics look fine on mine though. Perhaps it is related to a particular font or resource object.

I have done a couple of screenshots on the attached Word file.

I hope it helps, solve the mystery bug.

Marc

I would definitely call Red Lion and send them your database.
Does this problem occur with buttons on regular full-size pages too (not pop-ups)?

That is bizare. I just completed a G310 with Pop Up pages. I had symbols overlaying primitives with text with no issues. I did notice one thing in your screen shot that amy be your issue. If you notice at the bottom of your developer screen it says "Note:Editing is not fully accurate at this zoom level."

If you ovelaid objcts while this warning is present they will skew when you go to your actual.Try expanding your window until the Zoom note goes away and realign your images.

Good catch Clay!

But that shouldn't affect old files he just opened and downloaded though, right?

Marc U said:
This effect also occurs n programs that were created using pervious versions of Crimson 3, which had been fine.

Today, I made a small change to a system using build 418, and noticed that the dates on my events got jacked up. Every event that occurred before the update this morning shows the month as "3" instead of "5". I don't have event logging enabled, so I can't see the stuff on the CF card to compare...

I would definitely call Red Lion and send them your database.
Does this problem occur with buttons on regular full-size pages too (not pop-ups)?

You may have hit on something.:p

I have just tried opening the page as 'Normal', and there are no problems.

The problem only occurs when page is opened as 'Pop-up'.:confused:

Clay B. said:
That is bizare. I just completed a G310 with Pop Up pages. I had symbols overlaying primitives with text with no issues. I did notice one thing in your screen shot that amy be your issue. If you notice at the bottom of your developer screen it says "Note:Editing is not fully accurate at this zoom level."

If you ovelaid objcts while this warning is present they will skew when you go to your actual.Try expanding your window until the Zoom note goes away and realign your images.
Unfortunately, this is not the case, as the problem is also affecting older programs that been had perfectly alright the older version of Crimson 3.

The message "Note:Editing is not fully accurate at this zoom level." only appears when you have the developer at the maximum zoom out.
I always align the text, and images, at a more closer in zoom.

I have sent an email to Red Lion, with this problem, with my images, so hopefully we will get an answer soon.
:unsure:🤾:unsure: