Crimson 3 build 515 in a G306 Reboots

I put Crimson 3 build 493 on my computer and the application would run and communicate. However if I insert a trend on one of the trend screens, then it will reboot when that screen is selected.

I inserted a "TREND VIEWER" without any modifications (zero tags)
just to see what would happen. It still rebooted when I selected the screen that had the TREND on it. Initially it had three tags PID_0_CV, PID_0_SP, and PID_0_PV, which also rebooted the G3.

Yes this might be one to take up with the guys at Red Lion tomorrow. They have some of the best support around. Please post back and let Ius know what you find out.

just to see what would happen. It still rebooted when I selected the screen that had the TREND on it. Initially it had three tags PID_0_CV, PID_0_SP, and PID_0_PV, which also rebooted the G3.
I think having a trend viewer with no data log defined would be a problem (shouldn't cause reboot though).

And, with the tags in a data log and the log in the trend, you need a CF card installed. Did you have the CF card installed and formatted correctly? EDIT: your first post mentions the CF card, so I assume you did that right...

Let us know what the experts have to say.

Last edited:
I had an issue a few weeks ago that was related to a corrupted database. In my case I wanted to copy an existing database to use for a new G3 so I did a "Save As" and then proceeded to modify the renamed database. When I clicked on Web Server in the navigation pane Crimson would crash. I finally emailed the database to Red Lion support and they said I had a corrupted tag which their programmer fixed for me. I asked if this was something I could have fixed myself and they said no. Don't know if this relates to your problem but thought I would share it anyway.

If you place a trendviewer on the screen with no reference it will cause the unit to reboot.

Thanks
Jeremy

Uhm...

We had the same problem today. Another engineer had downloaded build 515. Then updated a G306, which then went into a continuous reboot loop. He rolled back to a previous build, powered the G306 up while holding buttons 1 and 2 to reset the unit and then loaded the prior version. No problems then. The app does not use a trend and has been running for a long time on earlier versions.

I sent you an email Jeremy. I was using AB DF1 Master via PCCC/EIP to a micrologix 1400. If I disabled PLC1 on this driver, the screen would boot. For the project, I ended up re-installing build 493.005 and that fixed the issue. Keep us updated if this is resolved.

Thanks for the email Brian.

You have nailed the issue on the head. We do have an issue with the DF1 Master via PCCC/EIP driver in the current build. We have already resolved the issue and I anticipate that we will release a hot fix in a few days. In the meantime reverting to an old build will resolve the issue if you are using this build.

Thanks
Jeremy