Crimson 3 build 515 in a G306 Reboots

CSE_Bill

I had a G306 running Crimson 3 build 419? and when I tried to use the TREND screen the unit would reboot. So I downloaded build 515 and put my application back in the G306. Now all it does is boot and reboot and reboot..... I put a test application on a compactflash module (test.ci3) and it still boots and reboots the old application. How can I reset the memory in the G306? Why did it not like my TREND screen and why does build 515 just keep rebooting even before I try to go to the TREND screen?

Rename the file you put of the CF card to image.ci3. Then it will load it on power up.

Can you post a program? Maybe when can see what is hanging up the trend screen.

I figured out the reboot on power up problem. It was the communication driver (AB DF1 Master via PCCC/EIP). If I change the driver to DF1 Master it boots and runs OK but does not communicate. Yesterday with Crimson 3 build 419? it worked but today with Crimson 3 build 515 it reboots over and over. I disconnected the ehternet cable to the switch to isolate it from the ethernet network. I upgraded to build 515 trying to fix the reboot when a TREND screen was selected. Now I have bigger problems.

It is pretty rare, but I have gotten myself into this situation before. It was something I did that triggered it, apparently corrupting the database. To fix it, I opened another instance of Crimson, opened an earlier version of my work, then dragged and dropped the new stuff onto it.

And, you may want to try build 493.005 (the last one before the Kadet 2 support was added).

Ok let me have a look. Do you have the RSS file of the PLC?

Also just for clarification, did the image.ci3 file fix the continuous rebooting? Need to get that stopped before you can do much.

It is not rebooting if I pick DF1 Master or if I pick DF1 Master with PCCC/EIP and select NO in the Enable Device Box under the driver section in Crimson 3. It does not reboot but it does not communicate with the PLC.

So even the main screen reboots? That is strange since the only tags are the alarm reset and alarm light.

I would follow Okie's advice and download 493.005 of the software and see if that fixes the reboot issue first.

The root cause seems to be the communications. Let's start with the dummy checks. The PLC IP is 192.168.0.102? No crazy subnets or gateways? Anything else connected to the network? Is there a switch in between the two or a straight cable?

The PLC is at 192.168.1.101. They are on a network but even if the screen is unplugged from the network it reboots repeatedly. Sorry OkiePC, I missed your post. I will back up to 493.005 and try again.

One other small detail that bit me once, is the back of the HMI case grounded? It is not on the connector, there is a screw on the case that is labeled with a ground symbol.