Crimson 3 - Build 493 - ARP Fix

Marc_U

Lifetime Supporting Member
This is a question more for a Redlion Tech-guy:

But I have just noticed that the latest version of Crimson 3 (Build 493.003) has an update which says:

"Fixed G3 intermittent comms when ARP request for gateway address not responded to."

Can anyone say what the problem was prior to this fix?

I am asking as I suspect that I have site that is suffering from this Communication bug.

It's Communication to the PLC stops for longer than 60s, when someone tries to interact with the HMI remotely via the internet).

It is programmed using Crimson 3 - Build 484.

It would be great, if this has fixed this problem, although it would mean that I'd have to accelerate our company-wide software update.

Marc,

The problem existed when the configured gateway was not available. We would continue to send the ARP request to the missing gateway and drop communciations to the connected devices. Now if the gateway is not available but a connection to a PLC still exists the communications with the PLC will not be affected.

Thanks
Jeremy