Crimson 3 Emulator and OPCWorx

jhoneck

Can the Crimson 3 Emulator be used "stand-alone" connected to OPCWorx to connect to a SQL database created by my existing SCADA software? I would like to be able to use Crimson as a virtual HMI by virtue of its web server. But, the Crimson 3 manual states that Emulator is limited to 15 minutes if connect to a network port.

I have run into the 15 min limit in the past so unlikely to be much value past the designed intent: verifying the design before actual hardware is procured. Have you looked at Ignition from Inductive Automation? They make a great product for the PC that interfaces easily with SQL databases.

I think Ignition is still pretty expensive for what I want to do. I just found out that OPTO 22 can do this by just buying their OPC software for $400 plus they seem to link with Ipads etc. The Red Lion solution would involve buying a Data Station and their OPC software for a total of $2000 plus. Ignition looks to be much more expensive too. Thanks for your response.

Jeff

Sorry for the delay in seeing this thread, but wanted to clarify that the OPCWorx software will not work without having real hardware.

Thanks
Jeremy