Crimson datalogging & arrays

hoy7t

Using Red Lion PTV:
I want to log various elements of an array.
when i drag an array tag into the datalog contents box, it enters the array with index [0]. i cannot edit it.

Can i datalog elements of an array?

and can i use data tag definitions in an array such as tagname.min, tagname.max, tagname.sp anywhere"/.

thank you

Using Red Lion PTV:
I want to log various elements of an array.
when i drag an array tag into the datalog contents box, it enters the array with index [0]. i cannot edit it.

Can i datalog elements of an array?

and can i use data tag definitions in an array such as tagname.min, tagname.max, tagname.sp anywhere"/.

thank you

The proper way to reference elements of an array would be to type in the name into the databox. For example you would have to set the source to general and type Array1[0] or Array[1].

You can use this reference Array1[0].min or Array1[0].max

Thanks
Jeremy

Great. thanks.

i would like to make these items available for data entry. but crimson wants them to be display only.

user manual mentions "User Defined" setting for data limits. but the presentation looks different and does not offer this option.

advice?

You can dynamically set the min and max values but not with the .min and .max, those are read only. You would create two additional tags and drag them into the min and max values for the datatag you want to control.

Thanks
Jeremy