Crimson javascript question

rberghammer

This is another question for the Red Lion guys out there.

I am working on the custom website for my Data Station Plus and have a question about using javascript to get tag values from the DSP.

I have a large database and would like to display some of the tags on the custom web page, but I am trying to avoid entering every tag index manually for each web page. So I built a javascript function that can return any tag index I need when I call the function from the HTML code.

The problem is I can't figure out how to use this tag with the index value to actually get a value from the DSP. It just writes [[10]] on the web page instead of returning the value of tag 10.

So, I am wondering if it is possible to make the tag placeholder dynamic in HTML or can I only return values if I actually type [[10]].

The translation from [[x]] is done when the page is served, so you can't use Javascript to put it in there. There are ways of using AJAX to update things more smoothly, but I'm on the road in Malaysia right now, so I can't help too much. I'd email Dan and see what help he can provide. He'll know to talk to our French guys, who have done quite a few applications with scripting in them.