Crimson Watch Window

hoy7t

Red Lion Crimson: All buttons on the Watch window are greyed out.
How do i enable watch window?
thanks
GF

How do i put a tag into the watch window? i cannot drag a tag. selection boxes in 'watch window' are greyed out.

does 'watch window' work with hardware? or with emulator? or both?

How do i put a tag into the watch window? i cannot drag a tag. selection boxes in 'watch window' are greyed out.

does 'watch window' work with hardware? or with emulator? or both?

Right Mouse Click on the Tag and click Add to Watch List.

Now I Know !

I'm going to pull back up this thread from a month ago as I've just started to use Crimson 3.

It wasn't obvious to me how you'd add tags to the Watch Window, either; most other operations involve dragging them from the Resource Pane.

The User Manual says "Items can be added to the Watch List by right-clicking and selecting the appropriate menu command."

I assumed that the right-click was inside the Watch List window, rather than right-clicking on the Tag in the Navigation Pane.

First question: Is the Watch Window typically very slow ? I have only two objects on a test window of a G308 over Ethernet and it takes about 10 seconds for the watch window to update. I'm running Crimson 3 Build 477.003.

Second question: Will the Watch Window work with String type tags ?

The way Crimson 3 handles String tags, especially in relation to A-B controllers, isn't very clear to me and I'm struggling to get String data to appear in a Data Box primitive.

Not sure about string tags in the watch window, but I normally see multiple updates per second (or at least every second)

This is with 20 - 50 tags in the Watch Window.

I'm going to upgrade my Crimson 3, as it's a few builds behind (477.003) from the current 493.005 release.

I can't add a String tag to the Watch Window (there's sort of a flash, and it doesn't appear in the list). When I select to Watch a whole Display, the String Tag shows up with its default value, but selecting Watch Online results in a Crimson 3 crash with the Visual Studio debugger appearing.