Crimson3 G306A Password issue

Hi,

I have programed a G306A and also G307K200 and G304K200 panels with Crimson 3 software.

Only recently has a customer flagged an issue with changing the password. I have tested this on another panel and have found the same fault.

The problem is you are able to change the user password and the new password works perfectly, however, if you power down the panel and boot it back up the original password is suddenly re-instated (the saved password has NOT been saved.)

I have tried making software changes, I have checked everything is setup correctly, but no matter what I do, even though you are able to change the password and use the password, the moment you power down it is lost again.

Yes I have kept the panel powered for over ten minutes after making the change, but it still does not save.

Anyone else have this problem? Or anyone know how to solve it?

I have been in touch with Red Lion directly, but they still have not got back to me with an answer and our customer is getting rather inpatient.

Any help would be most appreciated.

If you have a panel available to test with, try changing the password then executing a CommitAndReset() command (put it in a temporary button action or something). This forces a write to the flash memory which is probably where the password is stored. Normally the flash memory is only written every five minutes or so. (I know you tried keeping the power on but at least this could help isolate the problem.)

Hi,

I have programed a G306A and also G307K200 and G304K200 panels with Crimson 3 software.

Only recently has a customer flagged an issue with changing the password. I have tested this on another panel and have found the same fault.

The problem is you are able to change the user password and the new password works perfectly, however, if you power down the panel and boot it back up the original password is suddenly re-instated (the saved password has NOT been saved.)

I have tried making software changes, I have checked everything is setup correctly, but no matter what I do, even though you are able to change the password and use the password, the moment you power down it is lost again.

Yes I have kept the panel powered for over ten minutes after making the change, but it still does not save.

Anyone else have this problem? Or anyone know how to solve it?

I have been in touch with Red Lion directly, but they still have not got back to me with an answer and our customer is getting rather inpatient.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Do you have an image.ci3 file on the CF Card? If this is happening to the Kadet2 units also, then this isn't the issue because they don't have a CF card, but it that file is on a unit with a CF card, then every time you reboot, the unit's database is restored from the ci3 file and the changed password would be overwritten.