Current consumption for metering pump - how to calculate?

flyers

Hi guys,

For the electrical current consumption calculation for a metering pump, does anyone know how to get the peak current & fuse ampere - based on the spec below;

My calculation for Fuse Amp
P = V x I
22W = 230V x I
I = (22W/230V) / Power Factor (0.85)
I = 0.11Amp
Fuse ampere = 0.11Amp x Motor starting surge Amp (7x times)
= 0.11Amp x 7
= 0.77Amp (~0.8Amp)

Peak current = 4.3
Calculation: ?

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Metering pump info: http://www.prominent.com/solenoid-driven/beta-solenoid-diaphragm-metering-pump.aspx

Thanks guys.

1.jpg

The factory has done all this for you. Go with what they recommend.
You may need a dual element to allow for the starting current.

Dan Bentler

Last edited:
Put Shuko socket on the wall and plug for flexible cable, works like safety switch when needed.
Use standart S201-C2A Stotz.

dos_pumps.jpg