Current v's Voltage

i'll have you know i work full time at airbus UK as an engineer, and been doing day release for the last four years, so theres no need for your smarmy comments

thanks Bitmore that was all i needed to know, just couldn't find the pro's and con's of the two types, sorted.

oh i didn't copy just reeling you all in, a good bite.

TIDY,

Here in Detroit the words "Day Release" conjures up images of mid/low security prisoners on Day Release programs. That’s when they get to go to their jobs in the day and have to return at night for lock down. :(

Somebody might get the wrong impression from your last post.

4 years is a long time for a day release prisoner? utoh

Anyway Steve and Bitmore answered you question.(y)

Good luck with it!

Mike

I hate being this way

This guy has rubbed my chaps a little.

The guys that cleans the toilets and takes out the trash is OFTEN referred to as the SANITATION ENGINEER.

I have not nor probably will ever have the title of Engineer, if you are an example I NEVER want it.

You can say what you want about comments etc...if you KNOW then contribute...if you dont then phrase the question properly to get an answer. Your are asking, you must participate to get an answer.

Steve Bailey said:
Tidy,

Sometimes it's easier to understand electrical phenomena by comparing them to things you already understand. Quite often electrical terms are compared to fluid terms. Voltage is similar to the pressure in a pipe, whilst current is similar to the rate of fluid flow.

Consequently, voltage signals do a more accurate job of measuring physical phenomena like pressure, force, or weight. Current signals more accurately measure physical phenomema such as fluid flow (gallons per minute) or speed (miles per hour).

Don't take those other guys too seriously. They just like to harass students. As always, be sceptical of information you get over the internet.

Sir,

I really appreciate the sample you made and the analogous for this is quite easy to understand.

As far as my concern, no matter what applications you make such as pressure, weight or etc... it doesn't mean that voltages nor currents are use for specific applications as you mentioned earlier. For my opinion, the use of voltage signal should be used for short distance applications so to minimize the voltage drop. If your instruments your going to use is very far to each other, I guess current should be used for accurate reading. Avoiding noise can be eliminatd easily rather than voltage drop.

In Summary, voltage can be used for short distance applications, for long distance applications, current is advisable.

Hope my opinion is correct...thanks

Have a nice day.

Leonardo, me think that you should read Steve's last paragraph one more time. Especially his last sentence......

Don't take those other guys too seriously. They just like to harass students. As always, be sceptical of information you get over the internet.

Some of the guy's here could change career and start writing instead!

What amazes me the most of most people with a "Engineer" title is the total lack of profesionalism. You would think in a new post on a new board from a new person you would putforth a certain degree of professionlism to show what kind of person you are.(But not limiting to here, also life in general). Instead of a total disrespect for those you are asking help from. Once you have earned some of your own respect from others then you can step back a little and loosen up but not until then.

Drewcrew6

kalle said:
Leonardo, me think that you should read Steve's last paragraph one more time. Especially his last sentence......

Some of the guy's here could change career and start writing instead!

I think he's talking about his personal point of view regarding the behavior of a certain person... on my case I talking about the topic, which is voltage versus current...

Thanks for the comment...

Outputs corrent more speed off voltage.Is commun A/D chips.
Saídas em corrente são mais rápidas do que em tensão.

The reason for asking the question in the first place was because most web sites are trying to sell plcs rather than explain how they work.
oh and i build wings for aircraft, not clean out toilets!!!!!!!!!

boyo!

Last edited: