CurrentUserName display on FactoryTalk View Studio SE

Chibu

Hi Guys,

How can I display Current logged in User Name display on FactoryTalk View studio Site Edition?

What I did:
String Display object >> Syntax/Expression as 'CurrentUserName', CurrentUserName[], and ApplicationName.CurrentUserName all to no avail.

You've got the right idea

You do want a string display.

1. Create a new String Display object
2. In the Properties Window click on the Connections tab
3. Underneath Expn click on the ".." icon for the Expression Editor
4. Click on the Functions button
5. On the left, click Security
6. Select CurrentUserName( ) - name of current user and click OK

Your expression should have CurrentUserName( ). No need to type it, or edit it.

When you run the application, it will show your Windows computer name and user name until you have logged in as a FT user.

OG

You've got the right idea

You do want a string display.

1. Create a new String Display object
2. In the Properties Window click on the Connections tab
3. Underneath Expn click on the ".." icon for the Expression Editor
4. Click on the Functions button
5. On the left, click Security
6. Select CurrentUserName( ) - name of current user and click OK

Your expression should have CurrentUserName( ). No need to type it, or edit it.

When you run the application, it will show your Windows computer name and user name until you have logged in as a FT user.

OG
This worked. I am grateful.

Thanks a lot Bro.

Again, I tried using PrintDisplay and ScreenPrint Command in FactoryTalk view Studio SE v12 in Command Line to automatically generate a PDF file of the Display; but it does not work.

How can I automatically print Display to PDF Please?