Cutler Hammer Panelmate 1500 Power Series

MadMaxx

Greetings To All:

I have a Cutler Hammer Panelmate 1500 Power Series HMI that has a screen that is *very* dimly lit.

If you "cup" your hands around a certain portion of the screen you can barely make out the onscreen graphics.

Is there any way to easily increase the illumination or replace a bulb that may have burned out?

Thanks to everyone for their contribution to this thread.

Max

If I remember correctly, there is a brightness control in the setup menu.

I have an old cut sheet for the PM1700 which says it has a field replaceable backlight. I don't have anything specific for the PM1500, but the PM1700 was supposed to be a drop-in replacement for the 1500. You should contact your Cutler-Hammer rep for the part number and availablity.

Thanks for your timely reply, Steve.

I am currently awaiting the response from my local Cutler Hammer reps right now.

They are doublechecking the possibility of this unit having a field replaceable backlight right now.

Max