Data logging & reporting

glenncovington said:
If you already have RSLINX (not the Lite version) that can provide data to Excel, then can't you use macros to store and format for you?

I am not an Excel expert but there is a macro record function to help you build a macro. Maybe you can use some sort of clock function or bit change to trigger the macro.

Hi,

Yes, the macro can do the trick, but that flexible and user friendly, further more someone in my office will have to study the Excel marco and some VB language to make things happen.

Might as well we get an on the shelf software which has built in all these features and with security built in.

Some useful features from OPC Data Logger like saved a new file name at the end of the shift.

http://www.opcdatalogger.com/html/common_features.html