Decentralized I/O - PoE

rQx

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi,
Is there any product out there similar to et200s or other decentralized I/O that can be powered by PoE?
Only need for a couple of DI/DO/AI/AO not a big system. Power and communication with a Ethernet cable or similar
/Tim

I've never seen any, I kinda with there were.

I could see it making sense for DI, MAYBE analog (I have no data, but I feel like PoE would be bad for noise?), but very limiting for DO. PoE has very strict power limitations (although new standards keep upping the max); it also wouldn't allow for separate device and field power.

I think IO-Link fills a little bit of that capability, but the use case isn't identical.

There are devices that separate power and network from a PoE cable.

Search "PoE splitter"

Often used for IP cameras