Delay function when input goes off.

dloder

Can anyone help with this in Automation Direct Directsoft 6.

I am trying to use an input X1 as a busy signal. When X1 comes on I want to have a function delay so that it it does not initiate until X1 goes off. Then turn on Y2 and time out.

So, X1 is a busy signal, when it goes off I want to open a door Y2 after 3 seconds.

You can use the Normally Closed contact, -]\[-, as an input to a timer.

If you require X1 to turn ON first THEN turn off (think of starting the PLC program with X1 in the OFF state) then you may wish to reset a bit on program start then, when X1 turns ON set the bit. So that X1 must have been ON but it is now OFF to begin the timing.

Do you need additional timing for how long to keep Y2 ON?

Can anyone help with this in Automation Direct Directsoft 6.

I am trying to use an input X1 as a busy signal. When X1 comes on I want to have a function delay so that it it does not initiate until X1 goes off. Then turn on Y2 and time out.

So, X1 is a busy signal, when it goes off I want to open a door Y2 after 3 seconds.

Is this a student exercise or real world need? If you really need the code and it is not a classroom exercise, please reply to confirm and I, bernie, or someone will help you with the code.

Thanks Bernie, I am a real novice at this so bear with me.

@ jrwb4gbm - No this is not a classroom exercise. Basically, I have a carwash start up with a busy signal (X1) That when the busy goes out, wash ends, it needs to open the exit door (Y2)

Last edited:
Try this to see if it might work. I have no way to test. I have also attached the code in a file. Open a new DL06 project. Copy and paste the code into a notebook text file or use the attached file. Then, use the import function under the "File"tab.
Code:
PLC 06

STR X1
OR C0
ANDN T1
OUT C0

STRN X1
AND C0
TMR T0 K30

STR C0
AND T0
OUT C1

STRN X0
AND C1
TMR T1 K20

STR C1
OUT Y2

END

NOP
Edit:
I used X0 instead of X1 in the attached file and don't know an easy way to edit the attached file. Please change it after downloading if needed to match the code posted. I didn't comment the program and I'm sure there are some things that could be done to simplify the code. If you need to change the time delays edit the T0 K30 for the "after button release" time and T1 K20 for how long the output stays on. The time value is in tenths, so, K30 is 3 seconds and K20 is 2 seconds.

Last edited: