Delta DVP-12SE Ethernet program load

Saul Rivera

Good evening everyone!!

Has anyone here worked with the PLC mentioned on the topic?

I'm having a hard time trying to load a program to it via Ethernet, everytime I try i get an error telling me to check the ethernet module configuration, and from time to time I get the ethernet error #10065.

WPLSoft "sees" the PLC but still won't load the program and I'm able to access the configuration screen and still no luck

I've been strugglin with this for 2 days and I can't find anything helpful on the Delta's manuals, so, if anyone has experience working with this PLC model, any tip and/or information can be useful.

Thanks in advance!

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

Hello GTUnit.

That's a no, I just tried and I get a destination host unreachable message (please see attached).

Is it possible that the problem is on my PC then?

Thanks.

ping.PNG

This is probably a dumb questions, but have you already verified that your PC's network adapter is on the same ip net as the PLC? like is your PC's static IP set to 192.168.1.xxx? If not, that could be one issue as to why you can't ping the device and load to it.

I mention the above, because I have forgotten to do that from time to time :oops:

Last edited:
Well I'll be damned... that was actually the solution. :geek:

And that was a basic and fundamental skill... that I was missing

Thank you very much GTUnit!!

Now, since my PC is in the company's domain, I have to do this everytime I want to connect to the PLC, right?

Well I'll be damned... that was actually the solution. :geek:

And that was a basic and fundamental skill... that I was missing

Thank you very much GTUnit!!

Now, since my PC is in the company's domain, I have to do this everytime I want to connect to the PLC, right?

Welcome. Yes you have to do it every time. We all do :( and its a PITA.

There is another way to connect using WIFI.
You get a wifi router and configure the router DHCP setting to "give out" IP addresses in the range of the address of your PLC.

For example, you set the router DHCP server to give out 192.168.1.10 - 192.168.1.50

Plug the router into your PLC. Now all you have to do is connect your Laptop to the router WIFI and the router will give you a IP address that will work fine with your PLC. It is easy to switch to any other wifi if you need internet or something. At least you dont need to change network adapter settings every time.