Detroit Institite of Engineering and Technology

Del Monte

Has anyone ever heard of the Detroit Institute of Engineering and Technology? I just acquired some text books that they provided students. They are old, but filled with very valuable controls information. They appear to be written in the 70's, but appear to have been ahead of their time. There is also some information on PLC's that is very interesting, along with PC control or remote I/O. This was pre IBM-PC I think!

From what I have been able to find out, the school was funded by the government, and operated from the late 60's possibly into the early 80's. The only address I has was Detroit, Mich.

No phone listings, and I got 927,000 hits on google. So far, nothing else. I would like to find out more information about the school, and try to accumulate a full set of books. This seems like a higher end program, maybe it was set up like the "GM Institute" or other company/corporate based programs.

Would appreciate any information.

Thanks

Del

I think you're right Del, as I recall it was a lot like GMI and several other "company" schools. I had a few of their books and really thought they were very comprhensive. I have heard of a few people that went through their program, and all had positive comments. I looked at the Lawrence page, and it said Detroit Institute of Technology. My books say Detroit Institute of Engineering and Technology. Was this the same school, or were there two? I think I'll dig out my books and see what I've got. I did a search on eBay and didn't come up with anything. Google really wasn't much help either.If they were still around, I could see them hiring Phil to run the PLC program, and issue certifications in PLCology!

I call upon the God of Certification.....

Watch out for flying Turkeys. As they said on WKRP years ago, "As god is my witness, I thought Turkeys could fly"!

Have a graet holiday

pdavis

I was an extension (correspondence) student in Alabama. I took my finals at ASU. I could afford it, but it was subsidized by the goverment. I learned a lot. Can't say that about the JC I went to. I tried to get transcripts about 10 or 15 years ago and came up blank. But if they closed in the 70's or 80's, that would explain it. Wish I still had my books, I'd like a refresher.

Hey guys'

I came across a forum a couple months ago that listed a name and number for these Detroit books and information. They came across some of the school assets at an auction or something. There were complete coure sets, along with broken sets and even some of the transcripts. The ones that I bought were listed as "musty" and were 75% off. There is a slight basement odor, but you have to go out of your way to notice it. Contact name is Steve Johnson, and his number is 775-871-7299.

mikey