5069-IF8 Set Engineering units from HMI

Rson

Just curious - I see there are channel configurations for the 5069-IF modules that let me type in the high & low Engineering units as well as the signal units.

Changing these does nothing to the signal, however. I have to actually open up the module settings, change it there, and click 'apply' with or without inhibit in order for the engineering units to change.

Is there any way to make these change from an HMI screen directly to the configuration bits? Is there an apply changes bit somewhere that has to pulse on/off that I'm missing?

If not, I'll probably just ignore the module scaling and use a compute block to do the scaling so it can be done from the HMI screen.

Thanks!

From memory, the configuration data is only sent to the module when it establishes a connection. You could presumably monitor the tags for change and inhibit then uninhibit the module programmatically to force a reconnection and download of the configuration parameters - but yeah, I never do that. I scale all my AI modules 4000-20000 (or 0-10000 for 10V) and then have an AOI with all my scaling parameters accessible at the SCADA level. The added benefit is I have full visibility over both the raw mA value for troubleshooting, as well as the scaling parameters and the scaled value.

You can Inhibit and un-Inhibit a module using an SSV instruction, but that breaks the I/O connection.

There is also CIP Message type of "Module Reconfigure" available from the drop-down menu in the MSG instruction's Configuration tab.

That's what I am familiar with using to programmatically cause the Configuration data to be sent to and applied on a 1756 series module. The Help file reminds me that it doesn't break the connection.

The details might be different for 5069, but that's where I would start.

Thanks for the replies.

Based on what I'm seeing, I'll probably just scale the data with a compute instruction so it can be re-scaled on the HMI without having to inhibit a module.