AB 5069-IF8 Bogus Data

skyfox

Lifetime Supporting Member
I am getting some erratic behavior from this card. Channel data seems to be very erratic. This card is being used with the 5069-L330ER CPU. Transferring the same analog inputs to a 1768-L43 platform, resolves the issue. i.e. Valid and seeing expected data.

To name one of issues with the 5069-IF8....

One of the 4-20mA channels is scaled for 0-100 EU. Output data displays 150. Physically disconnecting the signal wire causes the channel to go in to error, but data is still stuck at 150. Putting a meter in series and connecting it to the PLC input shows 4.5 mA's coming in from the transmitter and the error condition goes away but the out put data is still bogus. Tying this to another channel causes it to display some value but not the correct value. There are several channels that seem to be providing accurate data. Has anybody else experienced this with this platform and I/O? This is definitely is not a noise issue as high quality shielded cables and instruments are in use. As i said earlier, problem goes away when connected to the L43 Platform. Tried power cycling, resetting the card, different scaling values etc. Are 5069 I/O garbage?

Last edited:
Did you ever end up getting any resolution to this (other than changing to 1768-L43)? I have a colleague using a 5069-L320ERS CPU and getting weird data, too. We are even seeing erroneous values on the current meter wired in series with the sensor and card. When power is cycled, the issue goes away. We are working on a startup that did have a wiring issue with DC common, but that issue was corrected prior to seeing this issue. I searched the A-B Knowledge Base, but found nothing. If you learned anything that helped you resolve this, I would appreciate if you could share it. Thanks!

Sounds like a wiring or configuration issue to me. I've used those cards a number of times with no issues. But still, random issues can always occur.

Did you ever end up getting any resolution to this (other than changing to 1768-L43)? I have a colleague using a 5069-L320ERS CPU and getting weird data, too. We are even seeing erroneous values on the current meter wired in series with the sensor and card. When power is cycled, the issue goes away. We are working on a startup that did have a wiring issue with DC common, but that issue was corrected prior to seeing this issue. I searched the A-B Knowledge Base, but found nothing. If you learned anything that helped you resolve this, I would appreciate if you could share it. Thanks!

We swapped out the card with a new one and the system now has been working for about 8 months working 24/7 without any issues.