Developing a PLC trainer/simulation/game for 12-14 yr olds

Deja Vu?...

Originally posted by Rube
They are the only whole numbers between 3 & 7.
Hmmm... Where did I hear that before?... :unsure:

Oh yeah, now I remember... :D

Originally posted by Eric Nelson in Post #15 of this thread
They are the only whole numbers that are both greater than 3, and less than 7?... :confused:
beerchug

-Eric

Eric,

What in the world made you think of that?! I would have never thought of a 7 segment display..

I'm guessing that it was a slow shift last night.....

Good one..

Last edited:
elevmike said:
What in the world made you think of that?!

Actually, George's keypad guess got me thinking about the old LED calculators, which led (no pun intended) to thoughts of the BCD to 7-segment decoders I used many years ago... :oops:

I honestly didn't think it would be the answer to Greg's little puzzle. The only reason I posted it was because thought it might be a challenge to show the segments in ASCII. It turned out to be easier to draw than I thought... :D

beerchug

-Eric

Boy I feel silly.

Well that just goes to show you what happens when you don't read EVERY post in a thread. I thought I had read all the posts on page one.

You forget about 7 segment displays as they are getting used less and less.

I remember a teacher asking the question- Joe sets his alarm for 9 and goes to bed at 8, how many hours did he sleep?

She was obvously looking for 1 hour, but most of us had digital alarm clocks with am and pm. It would never occur to those of us who never used the old style wind-ups.

Rick Densing said:
I remember a teacher asking the question- Joe sets his alarm for 9 and goes to bed at 8, how many hours did he sleep?

She was obvously looking for 1 hour, but most of us had digital alarm clocks with am and pm. It would never occur to those of us who never used the old style wind-ups.

I wonder if the younger generation perceives time of day the same as those of us who learned 'pre-digital'. For example, when I read 8:15 on a digital clock, I still 'picture' it as a quarter past the hour as if it were an analog clock. Do they 'convert' analog clocks to digital in their heads?... :unsure:

I wonder what they'd do with a rotary-dial phone?... :D

beerchug

-Eric

A little off the subject but...

I was a DJ in a country bar for years and the other day I showed a record (LP) to my seven year old daughter. She asked me what it was. Then and there I realized how old I am.

At least she knows who is in the picture in my living room (John Wayne)---but I had to tell her that. Sigh.

At least she knows who is in the picture in my living room (John Wayne)
Is there a shotgun hanging above the mantle of your fireplace?
Just curious, cause when I was growing up my dad had a single shot .22 hanging there.

I think we have multiple subjects!

I keep my shotgun in my truck. You never know when it might be time to go hunting, which is my passion.

I went to mow the back half of our yard one day. When I finished I went back in the house to find a saleslady showing my wife a vacuum cleaner. She pointed to the picture and asked who it was.

I showed her to the door.

Re: I think we have multiple subjects!

Rube said:
I keep my shotgun in my truck. You never know when it might be time to go hunting,

You mean like when you happen to be driving down a railroad track at night with a spotlight in early summer? :)

I have a memory of doing just that with my uncle and grandfather when I was about 5-6 years old. It took me a few years to figure out just what was going on.

I had the same thing happen with my 17 year old about 12 years ago. My wife and I were going through some old albums and my daughter commented on how big the CDs were. My wife and I got a good laugh out of it.

Those keypad pictures reminded me of a friend that had a painting business with his family. Before he left on vacation one year he reversed the keys on the adding machine they used in the office as a little trick.

It screwed up his dad so bad he sent it out for service ($40 to look at the darn thing) and the service guys couldn't figure it out either!!! Not enough right brain there I guess hehehe