Device Net Issue

thanks for the help, I swapped the first I/o module with the scanner just had to verify all the I/O changed in the program, wasn't as bad I thought it was going to be Ready to download tomorrow. Once again thanks fr the help!!!

I accept with Tonk about information: 1. Control Logix CPU
2. Toshiba Robot (have used this robot many times with profibus and never had an issue). Toshiba use Anybus as there supplier for field bus communication devices. So installed in this robot is an Anybus device net card. All we have to do is tell the robot what type of field bus device is installed and the node address.
3. The scanner module displays no faults with the network at all.
4. The blip varies, max we think is about 1 sec.

I've worked with Siemens quite a lot and also recently AB. Personally I ALWAYS like to place any comms cards as close to the CPU as possible... I've had a Siemens I/O card once pack up such that all modules to the right of it (further than it from the CPU) dropped off the map and the CPU lost access to the comms module. Since then I prefer to put comms cards right next to CPU's...