DF1 RS - Micrologix 1500 - Problem

You are correct that the Source ID is the DF1 address of the port.

I've connected to dozens of 1764-LRP's with the default DF1 communication settings, so I'm sure that having the Source ID be =1 on both ports is not a problem.

Actually, in most DF1 full duplex point-to-point connections the Source and Destination bytes are ignored.

The OP hasn't verified what his physical connection is between the USB/RS232 converter and the Channel 1 port. My guess is that it's not a proper null-modem cable.

If I was going to recommend anything, I'd choose 19200 baud instead of 38400. 38400 works fine on the MicroLogix but it's marginal for some other interfaces.

Both ports are set-up exactly the same. Check the cable you are using for that side port. It should be a null-modem cable. (see pdf below for the cable pin-out 1747-CP3)

To compare two different programs open RsLogix then click on tools then click on compare.
Hello Mickey, i took your drawings and solder my own cable, first hit it started communicating between linx and Micro 1500 LRP. Thanx for putting it on the Here. i was getting close to buy a Bradly cable as i thought channel 1 would never work!! Cheers again.

Hello Mickey, i took your drawings and solder my own cable, first hit it started communicating between linx and Micro 1500 LRP. Thanx for putting it on the Here. i was getting close to buy a Bradly cable as i thought channel 1 would never work!! Cheers again.

You're welcome.

And welcome to the forum.